REGULATIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN EBC – INDIVIDUAL STARTS
1. Each participant must be at least 18 years old on the day of the attempt. It is posiible to allow participation for a minor together with a current state of health statement.
2. Each participant takes part in the test at his own risk.
3. The organizer provides each participant with security equipment in the form of a motorboat (RIB type), qualified medical rescuer, sea helsman and a judge responible for drawing up the test report.
4. Each participant can take on board up two accompanying persons in a security boat.
5. The attempt may be passed only if the participant passes the entire distance with his own strength without any help of additional equipment (flippers, buoyancy buoys).
6. It is allowed to use swimming foams and neoprene caps on the whole distance of the route.
7. During the attempt, it is allowed to serve meals on a special boom for this purpose. The amount of food is not specified and depends on the participant’s strategy.
8. During the test, the participant may not touch the side or any other part of safety boat. Breaking this prohibition results in immediate disqualification and interruption of the attempt.
9. Before entering water each participant must signal readiness to start by raising his/her hand and waits for a signal from the judge.
10. Each participant must get to the opossite shore on their own strengh without help of third parties and raise their hand. This sign is a signal to the judge to stop the attempt time.
11. Each sucessfully completed attempt will be marked in the so-called Record tabel maintained for each EBC route.
12. The participant agrees to document the attempt and agrees to make his/her image available in the form of photos and video records on EBC’s website.
13. Each participant who sucessfully reaches the goal within a given time limit will recive the EBC statuette, a T- shirt, a commemorative swimming cup and a diploma with the achieved result with the graph of the route covered form the GPS record. If the tabel of records is filled with a min of 20 entires, additional prizes are provided for the table leader and later for each route record holder.
14. The participation of the relay is possible only for the route Kołobrzeg – Borholm for which separate regulations apply.
15. It is allowed after prior agreement with the organizer to substitute another participant in place of previously made and paid reservation.
16. The following time limits are set per trial for each route:
- Gdynia – Hel-8 hours
- Rewa – Jastarnia – 5 hours
- Tolkmicko – Krynica Morska – 3 hours
Dates, entries and fees:
1. The participant makes a reservation on the chosen route and indicates the date of the attempt via EBC website.
2. The reservation fee constituting 50% of the participation price should be paid within 7 days from the date of booking. The participant is obliged to pay remaining amount not later than 3 days before the date of the planned test.
3. The participant may withdraw from participation in the attempt without giving a reason at the latest three days before the planned date of the attempt. In this case, the organizer will refund 50% of the package price of the route.
4. In the case of Gdynia – Hel route, the participant has the right to postpone the test for the next day if he/ she considers that the weather conditions are unfavorable for him at the scheduled time.
5. The following charges for each route established:
- Gdynia-Hel 4000 PLN/ 890 Euro
- Rewa – Jastarnia 3000 PLN / 670 Euro
- Tolkmicko-Krynica Morska 2000 PLN/ 450 Euro
In matters not covered by these regulations, individual arrangements with EBC organizer apply.